Angara Abello Concepcion Regala & Cruz Law Offices ACCRALAW
Corporate & Special Projects
Legislative and Regulatory Work
The Firm's CSPD has the distinct advantage of being at the forefront of the drafting and implementation of landmark legislations, such as the Special Purpose Vehicle Act of 2002, the Securitization Law, the Financial Rehabilitation and Insolvency Act (FRIA), Real Estate Investments Trust Act (REITA), Personal Equity and Retirement Account Act (PERAA), Credit Information System Act (CISA), GOCC Governance Act of 2011, and corporate restructuring reforms. The PSE engaged the services of the Firm in proposing amendments to the Securities Regulation Code. The World Bank and Asian Development Bank have requested the Firm’s assistance in various studies and projects Involving Insolvency and corporate restructuring reforms, the development of scrip less securities, the drafting of bills involving the regulation of water utilities and rural electrification projects, and recommendations on the competition policy and provisions of the Electric Power and Industry Reform Act (EPIRA), among others. The Firm's CSPD lawyers were also involved in the drafting of the bills on Collective Investment Schemes and Stock Market Competitiveness Act (SmartCA).
Corporate Services Group
A sub-group of the Firm's CSPD provides corporate secretarial services for its retainer clients.
RECENT CSPD TRANSACTIONS
Mergers and Acquisition
- Investment of San Miguel Corporation (SMC) in Philippine Airlines, Inc. (PAL) and Air Philippines,Inc.
- Assisted SMC/PAL in a proposed joint venture with the Royal Group of Companies in Cambodia
- Assisted SMC in connection with the investment of SMC in Universal LRT Corporation(BVI) Limited, which has been granted the right and concession to finance, design, construct, supply, complete, and commission the MRT Line-7 Project
- Assisted SMC in the purchase of shares constituting 97% of the outstanding capital stock of Caticlan International Airport Development Corporation, which has the concession to finance, design, construct, operate and maintain the Caticlan Airport
- Purchase by Petron Corporation from Harbour Centre Port Terminal, Inc. of shares in Manila North Harbour Port, Inc., the company which was awarded, by the Philippine Ports Authority, the contract to develop, manage, operate and maintain the Manila North Harbour
- Investment by Tiger Airways (a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines) in SeaAir
- Ayala Group acquisition of an equity stake in Ortigas
- Acquisition of Shell’s LNG business
- Assisted San Miguel Yamamura Packaging Corporation in connection with its proposed investment in Northern Cement Corporation
- Assisted Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC) in connection with its participation in the bidding relating to the purchase of assets and assumption of liabilities of Export & Industry Bank
- Assisted Transcom International Solutions,Inc. (“TISI”) in connection with the amalgamation of TISI, Transcom Worldwide Canada, Inc. and Transcom Worldwide North American
- Assisted Thomson Reuters in connection with the sale of a portion of its Business Process Outsourcing and Knowledge Content and Software Development Operations to NASDAQ’s OMX Technology
- Mount Grace Hospital Ventures, Inc. in connection with the acquisition of hospitals including due diligence, advice on structure and documentation
- Assisted Petro Energy Resources Corporation in connection with its investment in the Philippine Geothermal Production Company, Inc. for the Tiwi-Makban Geothermal Project
- Assisted the SM Group in consolidating all of its real estate and property business into a single corporate entity which involved the following transactions: (a) Merger between SM Prime Holdings, Inc. (SMPH) and SM Land, Inc. where the SMPH is the surviving entity; (b) Share Swap transactions between SMPH and SM Investments Corporation (SMIC), Mountain Bliss Resort and Development Corporation and members of the latter companies and persons to transfer their shares in various unlisted companies to SMPH; and (c) Property for Share Swap transactions between SMPH and SMIC in order to transfer the latter real estate properties to SMPH