Angara Abello Concepcion Regala & Cruz Law Offices ACCRALAW
Protecting clients’ interests by ensuring compliance with the terms of an alien’s authorized stay in the Philippines
Cited by Legal 500 Asia Pacific in 2015 as Recommended as a TOP-TIER FIRM for Immigration
Cited by Legal 500 as Tier 1 in Immigration (2009 to 2014)
ACCRALAW’s experience in advising and representing clients on immigration matters covers a wide range of transactions. The Firm’s immigration specialists are sought by multinational companies, foreign embassies, local conglomerates, international hotel chains, business chambers, foreign businessmen doing business in the Philippines and expatriates. The Firm's Immigration Department (IMD) assists these clients in the smooth entry of its expatriate employees and their continued legal stay in the Philippines. When requested, IMD also extends assistance to the citizens of the many embassies, which it counts on as its clients.
It provides clients legal representation before government agencies involved in defining the terms and conditions of an alien’s authorized stay in the Philippines as well as before courts and administrative agencies in connection with petitions for the acquisition of Philippine citizenship. Among the specific matters handled by the Firm’s IMD are the following:
Processing applications for various visas, including the following:
- Temporary visitor [9(a)]
- Treaty trader [9(d)]
- Pre-arranged employee [9(g)]
- Quota and non-quota immigrant [13 & 13(a)-(g)]
- Special non-immigrant [47(a)(2)]
- Special investor resident [EO 226]
- Special resident retiree
- Multinational regional head quarters employee [EO 226]
Processing of applications for various permits to work, including the following:
- Alien employment permit
- Special work permit
Processing applications for the following:
- Alien certificate of registration identity card (ACR-I-Card)
- Re-entry permit
- Special return certificate
- Emigration clearance certificate and similar documents
It also provides legal representation before the Bureau of Immigration, Department of Justice, Department of Foreign Affairs, Department of Tourism, the Philippine Retirement Authority, the Philippine Economic Zone Authority, Board of Investments and other administrative agencies involved in the enforcement of immigration and labor laws affecting aliens, as well as representation before the courts in petitions for the acquisition of Philippine citizenship. IMD's other services include:
- Advise on outbound employment.
- Rendering of advise and preparation of position papers on legislation and administrative regulations affecting the immigration status of aliens in the Philippines.
- Deportation and exclusion of illegal aliens; securing hold departure orders; inclusion in watch list/ blacklist.
- Defense against unmeritorious deportation charges, lifting of hold departure orders and cancellation of blacklisting.
- General counseling on immigration matters
- Acquisition, recognition and reacquisition of Philippine citizenship
Among IMD's top clients are Coca-Cola Bottlers Philippines Inc., SC Johnson Philippines ROHQ, NXP Semiconductors Cabuyao, Inc., Headstrong Philippines, Inc., Smartmatic Philippines, Inc., Fujifilm Philippines, Inc., Ajinomoto Philippines Corporation, Isla LPG Corporation and its affiliate, Alorica Pacific Rim, Henkel Asia Pacific Service Centre, Sykes Asia, Inc. and its affiliates, Thomson Reuters Corporation Pte. Ltd. and its affiliates, CTBC Bank (Philippines) Corporation., Itochu Corporation, SGV & Co. and Ernst & Young LLP.