Angara Abello Concepcion Regala & Cruz Law Offices ACCRALAW
Labor & Employment
Formulating solutions to critical labor relations problems
Cited by Legal 500 Asia Pacific in 2015 as Recommended as a TOP-TIER FIRM for Employment
Cited by Chambers Asia Pacific as Band 1 in Labor (2010 to 2014)
Legal 500 as Band 1 (2000 to 2014)
Asialaw Profiles as Tier 1 (2000 to 2012) and Highly Recommended (2013)
The Practical Law Company as Tier 1 (2008 to 2013)
Joy Anne C. Leong-Pambid
The Labor and Employment Department (LED) represents a good number of the Philippines’ top 100 corporations. Its expertise is recognized and has consistently been cited in international surveys as being number one in all aspects of labor and employment law practice in the country.
LED has consistently been classified as being in the top tier of Philippine law firms in Labor and Employment law practice.
The Firm’s clientele covers a whole spectrum of business and industry including those engaged in manufacturing, export, bottling, power generation, retailing, trading, banking and finance, education, hotel and restaurant management, oil, pharmaceutical, insurance, semiconductors, electronics, software development, information technology, broadcasting, telecommunications, transport and travel, mass media, and offshoring and outsourcing, among others.
The Firm supports the active prevention of labor disputes by assisting clients in the formulation and review of their respective employee policies and disciplinary rules; conducting briefings/conferences with clients on significant developments in labor and related laws; and constant monitoring of significant employment practices.
ACCRALAW lawyers who are well-rounded in the fields of labor and employment law meet weekly to monitor and review the labor cases and problems referred to the Firm. They discuss and formulate solutions to critical labor relations and employment problems affecting clients. This keeps them ever attuned to the status of client’s cases, and abreast of developments or changes in labor laws and jurisprudence.
ACCRALAW's LED has established a reputation for expertise and efficient service in all areas of labor law practice, including consultancy, litigation and/or conduct of the following matters:
- Due to diligence/design of the labor aspect of corporate acquisitions or spin-offs
- Formulation and review of employment policies
- Administrative investigations and compliance audits
- Dismissal and suspension of employees
- Money claims arising from employer-employee relations
- Petitions for certification elections
- Negotiations for collective bargaining agreements
- Unfair labor practices
- Strikes and lockouts
- Grievance handling and labor dispute arbitration
- Labor-related civil and criminal cases
- Labor standards and employee benefits
- Outsourcing/contracting out of various functions/services
- Social security
- Overseas employment
- Design and/or implementation of rightsizing programs
- Legal audit of employment terms and conditions or contracting arrangements
- Review of employee manuals/codes of discipline
- Conduct of seminars on labor and employment law and practices
A significant portion of the Department’s time has been devoted recently to the following work or projects:
- Consultancy services on day-to-day employment issues, conduct of administrative investigations and handling of labor litigation cases for local and multinational clients, including: Procter and Gamble Philippines, Amkor Technology Philippines, Coca-Cola Bottlers Philippines, Zilog Philippines, Convergys Services Philippines, STMicroelectronics, Sykes Asia/Sykes Marketing Services, Schneider Electric, ePerformax, Emerson Aztec Power, The Results Companies, RCBC, Alorica, China Bank, Infosys, Citibank, Chevron Philippines, Standard Chartered, Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corp., Philip Morris Philippines, Total Philippines, Wrigley Philippines, CalEnergy, Hersheys, Glaxosmithkline, AstraZeneca Philippines, Baxter Healthcare.
- Arbitration of labor relations/union organization issues, as those in Honda Phil., Babcock Hitachi Phil., Cocoa Specialities , Pan Pacific Hotel, Linde Phil., Shell Shared Services
- Conduct of legal/compliance audits, such as those rendered for Baxter Healthcare, Alliance Select Foods International and Fisher Rosemount Systems