Angara Abello Concepcion Regala & Cruz Law Offices ACCRALAW
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Raising the bar and enriching jurisprudence and legislation through creative and dynamic strategies to attain clients' objectives
2016 Asialaw Asia-Pacific Dispute Resolution Awards as National Law Firm of the Year
Cited by Legal 500 Asia Pacific in 2015 as Recommended as a TOP-TIER FIRM for Dispute Resolution
Cited by Asialaw Profiles as Tier 1 (2010 to 2012) and Highly Recommended for Dispute Resolution (2013 to 2014)
Legal 500 as Tier 1 in Dispute Resolution (2009 to 2014)
Chambers Asia Pacific in Band 1 for Dispute Resolution and International Arbitration (2013 to 2014)
Acquisition International as Dispute Resolution Law Firm of the Year (2014)
Corporate INTL as Law Firm of the Year in Litigation & White Collar Crime (2013)
Arnold M. Corporal
ACCRALAW's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department (LDRD) is the undisputed leader in Philippine litigation and alternative dispute resolution (ADR). ACCRALAW has the country’s largest, most sophisticated and specialized dispute resolution lawyers with a deep bench of litigators (commercial, civil, criminal, and administrative) and ADR practitioners, recognized by their peers worldwide for their consistent and outstanding track record. Its team of litigators and ADR practitioners have extensive expertise in handling large-scale and complex disputes. It has unmatched trial experience in Philippine courts, including the Supreme Court, and in many administrative agencies as well as ADR fora. LDRD has contributed to Philippine jurisprudence by successfully representing clients in landmark legal controversies not only in the recent past but throughout its more than 40 years of existence.
Our litigation lawyers are well regarded in the legal community, have successfully handled litigation matters of national significance and remain to be the most sought after lawyers to handle criminal cases. Apart from their excellent reputations as litigators, they are prominent and active in the field of arbitration and have acted as arbitrators in a number of cases in the ASEAN region. The Firm has played a major role in the passage of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Law and the drafting of the Special Rules of Court on Alternative Dispute Resolution.
The litigation and dispute resolution practice of the Department is extensive, varied and, more often than not, involves complex legal and factual issues. The Department practice is specialized into various subgroups which focus and handle the following services:
- Arbitration. International arbitration before international arbitration commissions such as the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and the Singapore International Arbitration Center (SIAC); domestic arbitration before the PDRCI and other arbitration centers in the Philippines; and construction arbitration before the Construction Industry Arbitration Commission (CIAC).
- Anti-trust and Competition Law. Civil, administrative and criminal litigation arising from alleged violations of the various anti-trust provisions of Philippine law.
- Securities Regulation and Litigation. Complex civil, administrative and criminal litigation issues arising from alleged violations of the Securities Regulation Code and other Philippine securities laws, including representation before the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Philippine Stock Exchange, and the courts.
- Commercial Litigation. Complex commercial litigation arising from intra-corporate disputes, derivative suits, proxy fights and corporate takeovers and other suits filed involving the Corporation Code, Code of Corporate Governance, Presidential Decree No. 902-A and Securities and Regulation Code.
- International Transactions. Actions to enforce foreign judgment in the Philippines, disputes involving power and infrastructure projects on build-operate-transfer and other schemes.
- Corporate Reorganization and Rehabilitation. Suspension of payments, insolvency and rehabilitation proceedings, appointment of receivers or creation of management committees under the Financial Rehabilitation and Insolvency Act.
- Banking. Complex litigation arising from depositor-bank and lender-borrower relationships, credit transactions, lender liability abuse, anti-money laundering compliance and regulation, and actions involving facility, loan, trust or escrow agreements.
- Contract Law. Actions arising from violations of contracts including specific performance or rescission of contracts with claims for consequential and other damages.
- Government Contracts and Procurement. Disputes arising out of government contracts and the Government Procurement Reform Act.
- Environmental Law Litigation. Prosecution of, and defense to, civil, administrative and criminal actions involving the enforcement or violation of Philippine environmental laws including the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act and Toxic Substances Hazardous Act, as well as petitions for the issuance of a Writ of Kalikasan, Continuing Mandamus and Environmental Protection Order.
- Telecommunications, Media and Technology. Actions arising from alleged violations of Philippine telecommunications law and disputes involving telecommunications entities, including representation before the National Telecommunications Commission and the courts.
- Energy and Water Regulation and Litigation. Actions relating to rate-setting including representation before the Energy Regulatory Commission, water regulatory bodies and the courts.
- Mass Tort and Negligence. Class actions for damages arising from torts and negligence.
- Real Estate and Construction. Complex litigation arising from real estate and construction.
- Insurance. Actions involving claims on life and non-life insurance.
- Maritime and Admiralty. Actions involving claims for death or injury of passengers and loss or damage to cargo and property, collisions and other maritime accidents.
- Estate Proceedings and Probate of Wills
- Family Law
- Product Liability. Litigation arising from alleged violations of the Consumer Act of the Philippines and other consumer protection laws and regulations, including claims for damages involving defective products and/or adulterated goods.
- Criminal Law. Prosecution of criminal charges as private prosecutor or handling of criminal defense.