Ms. Arnaldo-Oracion is the Firm’s Co-Managing Partner. She has represented domestic and multi-national clients in a wide range of complex civil and criminal matters in all levels of the judiciary, as well as before quasi-judicial, administrative and arbitral bodies. She regularly advises many of the Firm’s corporate clients, giving particular focus on risk management strategies and handling of corporate crisis situations.
She has handled significant cases, where she:
- successfully defended numerous insurance company clients from claims involving complex issues arising from reinsurance, construction, business interruption, health, fire, terrorism, hull and P&I, as well as life insurance contracts;
- served as trial counsel for SC Johnson in a case involving the validity and enforcement of the non-competition clause and successfully obtained an injunction against the former employee;
- successfully litigated and assisted a client in obtaining a substantial award in its just compensation claim for lands appropriated under the Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Law;
- successfully defended the Korean general contractor of a high rise construction project against the claims of its high profile subcontractor in construction arbitration proceedings; and
- assisted a major oil and gas service entity in setting up its office in the Philippines and regularly advises said client in connection with its Philippine interests.
Ms. Arnaldo-Oracion is regularly included among the lawyers cited in Who’s Who Legal for Asset Recovery.
She has also participated as a member of the Philippine delegation in several bi-annual conferences of the Association of Insurers and Reinsurers of Developing Countries (AIRDC), and served as a speaker and panelist, respectively, of AIRDC’s Cuba and Sri Lanka conferences.
Ms. Arnaldo-Oracion is also a director and officer of various corporations. She likewise continues to serve as a Trustee and/or officer of several NGOs, such as the University of the Philippines Women Lawyers Circle, ZONTA Manila 1, and the Tahanan Outreach Project.
She was admitted to the Philippine Bar in 1982 and is a member of the Makati City Chapter of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines, the Philippine Bar Association and the International Bar Association.