Ms. Llave specializes in intellectual property and data privacy and protection laws. She handles the prosecution, maintenance and enforcement of trademarks, patents and copyright rights and registrations and protection and enforcement action against infringement of various intellectual property rights. She also assists clients in the licensing and franchising of various intellectual properties.
Ms. Llave advises clients on the requirements under the data privacy laws and regulations, conducts Privacy Impact Assessments, guides clients on compliance with these rules and liaises with the National Privacy Commission.
Among her significant work involved the:
- Stopping of online counterfeiting;
- Stopping counterfeit products from entering the country by coordinating and working with the Bureau of Customs;
- Prevention and cancellation of registrations for copycat and infringing trademarks;
- Crafting and implementing settlement agreements or arrangement for the use of intellectual property rights;
- Conducting Privacy Impact Assessments in accordance with the structure provided by the National Privacy Commission; and
- Designing and implementing industry and business-specific solutions and protocols involving data privacy and protection.
Ms. Llave was admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2008.
Ms. Llave is a member of the ASEAN Intellectual Property Association, the Intellectual Property Association of the Philippines, the Quezon City Chapter of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines and the University of the Philippines Women Lawyers’ Circle.