Ms. Plaza has extensive experience representing clients in the litigation and arbitration of disputes involving public utilities, telecommunications, mass media and technology, commercial contracts, and estates.
She wrote a number of legal articles for local and foreign publications, including:
- “Ease of Doing Business in the Philippines”, published by Asia Business Law Journal, 2020;
- the Philippine chapter of “Asian FinTech Ecosystem Benchmarking Study”, published by the University of Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance and the Asian Development Bank Institute, 2019 (co-author);
- a policy brief entitled “Building Food Security in Asia through International Agreements on Rice Reserves”, published by the Asian Development Bank Institute, 2018;
- “Regulating Virtual Currency in the Philippines”, published by Asia Business Law Journal, 2018;
- the Philippine chapter of the “Legal Guide for Business Investment and Expansion”, published by Meritas Law Firms Worldwide, 2017;
- the Philippine chapter of the “Legal Guide for Business Investment and Expansion”, published by Meritas Law Firms Worldwide, 2017; and
- “My Mother, My Pimp: Jurisdictional and Evidentiary Issues in Prosecuting Internet Facilitated Sex Trafficking”, published by the Philippine Law Journal, 2015.
Ms. Plaza is a recipient of the University of the Philippines (UP) Gawad Chanselor sa Natatanging Mag-aaral Award from 2012 to 2014 and the Distinguished Performance Award from the UP Office of Legal Aid.
She served as President of the UP Law Debate and Moot Court Union, and captain of 2 champion moot court teams in international law competitions. She received best speaker awards in the international rounds in the United States and South-East Asian Regional Rounds of the Stetson International Environmental Law Moot Court Competition, among others.
Ms. Plaza has lectured on international law and dispute resolution in conferences held in Vietnam and Thailand hosted by the Asian Development Bank Institute and the United Nations. Lifestyle Asia named her a “Power Millenial for Youth Empowerment” and she was featured as one of Lifestyle Asia’s Gamechangers.
Ms. Plaza is a member and is currently a Director of the Makati City Chapter of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines. She is also a member of the ASEAN Law Association, the Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration, and the UP Women Lawyers’ Circle.