Mr. Samson has extensive experience and expertise in litigation and dispute resolution having assisted clients, both local and foreign, in a variety of matters which, among others, include:
• protection of the largest power distribution utility company in the country against the perpetrators of massive or large-scale fraudulent money claims resulting in their criminal prosecution;
• assistance to clients in strategic disengagement from their joint-venture agreements resulting in huge financial benefit to the clients without having to resort to protracted court actions;
• foreclosure of real estate mortgages for one of the largest universal banks to recover a multi-billion peso indebtedness;
• representation of a major bank in the foreclosure of a mortgage security to recover on the loan of a major sugar milling company that was placed under liquidation by the Securities and Exchange Commission;
• representation of a client in an arbitration proceeding before the Philippine Dispute Resolution Center, Inc.;
• representation of plaintiffs and/or defendants in actions for enforcement and/or rescission of contracts with damages as well as in cases where clients apply for or resists applications for provisional remedies;
•assistance to a client in the corporate takeover and control of a major oil business;
• representation of shareholders in intra-corporate dispute and proxy fight involving the largest bank in the country;
• representation of creditor clients in corporate rehabilitation and insolvency proceedings;
• representation of a major bank and its top officers and directors in a suit before bank regulators;
• representation of one of the world’s leading software company in a suit for infringement and/or unfair competition with prayer for an injunctive writ;
• representation of a major bottling company against claims of product liability;
• representation of a big ice manufacturing company in the recovery of a major piece of real estate used in its business from a land grabbing syndicate headed by a law practitioner;
• representation of heirs or the administrator of a decedent in testate and/or intestate proceedings and settlement of estate;
• assistance to a Senator of the Republic of the Philippines in successfully intervening and obtaining the desired decision declaring as unconstitutional the Memorandum of Agreement on Ancestral Domain between the government and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front in the landmark case of Province of North Cotabato, et al. v .Government of the Republic of the Philippines, et al. which led to the preservation of the territorial integrity and sovereign rights of the Republic.
Mr. Samson has likewise handled cases and issues involving intellectual property rights protection and enforcement or IP-litigation matters before the regular courts and the Intellectual Property Office as well as tax-litigation matters before the Court of Tax Appeals.
Mr. Samson also engages in appellate practice preparing petitions, comments, briefs and memoranda as well as appearing before the Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court.
Mr. Samson obtained his Bachelor of Laws degree, magna cum laude, from the University of Santo Tomas, graduating as valedictorian of his class. He also holds a Bachelor of Arts degree, Major in Political Science, from the University of the Philippines.
Professional Membership & Affiliations:
Mr. Samson is a member of the Rizal-San Juan-Mandaluyong Chapter of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines. He is also a member of the Philippine Bar Association. Mr. Samson is likewise a member of the ASEAN Law Association of the Philippines. He is also a member of the Legal Management Council of the Philippines.
Mr. Samson is an accredited member of the Philippine Dispute Resolution Center,Inc. (PDRCI) and included in the roster of PDRCI Trained Arbitrators.
Mr. Samson is likewise an Associate member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb), having passed the course provided by the CIArb Singapore Branch.
Mr.Samson is a member of the University of the Philippines Alumni Association, Inc. and the University of Santo Tomas Law Alumni Association Inc.