Mr. Paz specializes in litigation, alternative dispute resolution, arbitration, appellate practice, product liability and consumer protection, administrative law, criminal law, civil law, and family law.
Mr. Paz has appeared as counsel before the various trial and appellate courts, as well as the various quasi-judicial agencies, prosecutorial offices, regulatory boards and arbitration tribunals constituted by the Philippine Dispute Resolution, Inc. and the Construction Industry Arbitration Commission. He has represented clients in various sectors such as wholesale and retail distribution, manufacturing of motor vehicles, water distribution, pharmaceuticals, public utilities, telecommunications, banking, power and energy, government service, and media.
Mr. Paz has handled significant matters where he:
- acted as lead counsel in various administrative and criminal cases involving a leading retail distribution/marketing company;
- acted as lead counsel in an arbitration proceeding instituted against a major water district/public utility company;
- appeared as lead counsel and/or assisted in the litigation of various administrative and civil cases involving a leading manufacturer of motor vehicles in the Philippines;
- appeared as lead counsel and/or assisted in the litigation of cases involving a prominent Christian religious institution in the Philippines;
- assisted in an international arbitration proceeding instituted by a major water concessionaire against a government regulatory agency;
- assisted in the approval of a major transaction between public telecommunications entities before the National Telecommunications Commission;
- assisted in the litigation of a landmark Supreme Court case, which led to the preservation and economic viability of a major commercial enterprise;
- acted as lead counsel and/or assisted in the litigation and eventual resolution of significant constitutional issues before the various trial and appellate courts.
Mr. Paz was admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2008 and is a member of the Quezon City Chapter of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines.