Ms. Bautista advises clients on a variety of issues involving laws and regulations on telecommunications, environment, anti-competition, securities laws, and advertising. She has an extensive litigation experience which include representation of domestic and foreign companies in complex commercial and civil litigation and the conduct of internal investigations.
She has also assisted clients in the registration of their securities before the relevant government agencies. She has advised clients on foreign investment laws in the Philippines including the registration of incentives with the Philippine Economic Zone Authority.
She has published articles in the Philippine Law Journal. She has also contributed the following chapters in local and foreign publications:
- Chapter on Arbitrability in the United States, in Diane A. Desierto, Ed., International Commercial Arbitration and Philippine Law (University of the Philippines, Institute for International Legal Studies, 2014)
- Chapter on the Philippines (co-author), in Getting the Deal Through Anti-Corruption Regulation (Law Business Research Ltd., 2011 – 2015 eds.)
- Chapter on the Philippines, Getting the Deal Through Anti-Money Laundering (Law Business Research Ltd., 2012 – 2015 eds.)
- Chapter on the Philippines (co-author), in Dennis Campbell and Christian Campbell, Eds., International Civil Procedure (Juris Publishing Inc. and Center for International Legal Studies, 2011-2014 and 2017 eds.)
She speaks on a variety of topics from data privacy, arbitration and anti-corruption and bribery. Among her significant speaking engagements are:
- Managing Data Breaches – Crisis Management, The Personal Data Protection Forum – Laws and Effects on Businesses Worldwide, 15 November 2018, Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre, Hong Kong;
- Data Privacy: Developing an Effective Compliance Program, 2017 In-House Congress, 13 July 2017, Makati Shangri-La, Makati City;
- Measures to Reduce Financial Crimes, 3rd Annual SEC-PSE Corporate Governance Forum, 22 November 2016, PICC, Manila;
- Compliance with Laws and Regulations: Prescriptions and Best Practices, ACCRALAW Business Law Forum, 22 September 2016, Dusit Thani Hotel, Makati City; and
- Arbitrability in International Business Transactions, 23 January 2015, IBP Makati, Makati City.As early as 2007, she was recognized by Chambers Global among the Leaders in Their Filed for both General Business Law and Dispute Resolution. She was described as “a resourceful and street-smart litigator” with “impressive courtroom skills”.
Ms. Bautista is a lecturer in the University of the Philippines, where she teaches courses in Criminal Procedure and Special Proceedings. She likewise taught courses on Civil Procedure, Torts and Damages, Agency and Partnership, and Credit Transactions. She also teaches Criminal Prosecution and Litigation for the University of the Philippines Law Center’s Paralegal Training Program. She also participated in the Supreme Court’s initiative of drafting the proposed revised rules on Civil Procedure, particularly, the provisions on Filing of the Case, Pre-Trial and Trial.
Ms. Bautista was admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2001 and the New York Bar in 2010.
She is a member of the Quezon City Chapter of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines, the Philippine Bar Association and the University of the Philippines Women Lawyers’ Circle.