Mr. Derije has handled significant transactions, where he:
- Assisted in the land acquisition of the Philippines’ “seat of technological educational excellence” for its first school campus in Davao City;
- Defended corporate officers and employees in reckless imprudence (resulting to multiple homicide) cases;
- Defended a private individual who was indicted for a violation of Republic Act No. 3019, in relation to the implementation of the PDAF;
- Defended a multi-national corporation against their contractual workers’ unfounded claim for wages and benefits;
- Represented various corporations affected by expropriation proceedings of the National Grid Corporation and the implementation of the DOTr-Mindanao Railway Project.
He has co-authored “Commentaries on HB 4994: Bangsamoro Basic Law”, a special issue of the Mindanao Law Journal in 2014.
Mr. Derije participated in the 10th season of ANC’s Square Off, a national debate tournament, where his team won the championship.
He graduated as Valedictorian of his graduating class.
He is currently a lecturer at the Ateneo de Davao University, where he teaches courses on Constitutional Law and Criminal Procedure. He also teaches courses on Corporation Law, Commercial Law Review, and Competition Law at Jose Maria College.
Mr. Derije was admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2016 and is a member of the Davao City Chapter of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines.