Mr. Tensuan handles a diverse array of litigation cases involving constitutional, civil, criminal, commercial, contractual, corporate rehabilitation and insolvency, environmental, family, and zoning, planning & land use issues. He strategizes, structures, and drafts contracts in relation to commercial arrangements for the successful out-of-court dispute resolution of his clients.
He has handled significant cases/transactions where he:
- represented clients in proxy fights and successfully prevented hostile take-overs of clients in the telecommunications, infrastructure and banking industries;
- assisted in negotiating and drafting various major agreements pertaining to Stage 2 of the Skyway Project;
- represented the country’s biggest telecommunications company in relation to the validity of and compliance with Securities and Exchange Commission Memorandum Circular No. 8, Series of 2013 or Guidelines on Compliance with the Filipino-Foreign Ownership Requirements Prescribed in the Constitution and/or Existing Laws by Corporations Engaged in Nationalized and Partly Nationalized Activities;
- represented the largest Philippine domestic pharmaceutical company in relation to frivolous criminal actions as well as eminent domain proceedings initiated by local government units; and
- represented and successfully defended the directors of the owner of the country’s longest oil pipeline in Writ of Kalikasan and related criminal and civil proceedings.
Mr. Tensuan has handled disputes before the Construction Industry Arbitration Commission, such as those involving the country’s premier airport terminal, major expressways and other vertical and horizontal developments. He has also handled international and domestic arbitration cases involving disputes arising from joint-venture and mining agreements before the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre and the Philippine Dispute Resolution Center, Inc. (PDRCI), where he is a trained arbitrator. Mr. Tensuan has likewise been appointed as an arbitrator in a dispute involving the country’s well-known maritime and shipping companies.
Mr. Tensuan speaks on a variety of topics from arbitration, anti-corruption and bribery, competition, cybercrimes and discovery procedures. Among his significant speaking engagements are:
- he lectured on “General Legal Updates: Modes of Discovery and Trends in Electronic Discovery,” during the 16th National Convention of Lawyers of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines in 2017;
- he lectured on “Addressing Multi-Jurisdictional Cyber Offenses in the Philippine Context” during the Asian Legal Business Hong Kong In-House Legal Summit held at Hong Kong in 2017;
- he lectured on “Addressing Multi-Jurisdictional Cyber Offenses in the Philippine Context” during the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Seminar sponsored by the Rizal-San Juan-Mandaluyong Chapter of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines in 2017;
- he delivered his paper on Investment Laws in the Philippines, entitled “Beyond the Global Economic Crisis: Challenges & Solutions for Business and Investments in the Philippines,” during the ASEAN Law Association held at Hanoi, Vietnam in 2009; and
- he served as a panelist during the country workshop of the Philippines entitled “Why Arbitrate in the Philippines?” during the Asia Pacific Dispute Resolution Summit held at Singapore in 2007.
- he lectured on “Emerging Trends in ADR” last 30 March 2019 at the Iloilo International Convention Center during the 17th National Convention of Lawyers of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines in Iloilo City
In 2016, Mr. Tensuan was conferred with the Safety Day Award by the Shell companies in the Philippines for his valuable contribution in its health, safety, security, and environment projects. In 2018, he was also recognized by Asian Mena Counsel as a Commended External Counsel of the Year and cited, particularly, as a standout for “his responsiveness, ability and expertise.
He was identified in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021 Editorial as a recommended lawyer in the practice area of Dispute Resolution.
Mr. Tensuan was identified in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021 Editorial as a recommended lawyer in the practice area of Dispute Resolution.
Mr. Tensuan co-authored the Philippine chapter of the Chambers International Arbitration Guide for 2020.
Mr. Tensuan is a member of the International Council for Commercial Arbitration, the ASEAN Law Association, and the Philippine Bar Association. He is currently a Trustee and Officer in the Philippine Institute of Construction Arbitrators and Mediators, Integrated Bar of the Philippines, Makati Chapter and the Ateneo de Manila Law Alumni Association, Inc..
He was admitted to the Philippine Bar in 1997.