Mr. Malaya handles litigation and arbitration cases. He specializes primarily in construction arbitration and environmental law and mining issues. He also handles disputes on banking, real estate, commercial and other administrative, constitutional and government regulation issues.
He handled notable cases where he:
- Obtained favorable awards for different clients, including a client’s 48-storey corporate tower and a client’s 10-storey school and sanctuary complex, before the Construction Industry Arbitration Commission;
- Assisted a private contractor’s claim against certain project owners for multi-million projects in Metro Manila;
- Obtained a favorable award for the government in a multi-million ad hoc arbitration on the delivery of a faulty system for the computerization of its operations;
- Represented a multinational oil company in a novel antitrust or competition case; and
- Assisted top 500 companies before the Department of Environment and Natural Resources on alleged environmental law violations.
Mr. Malaya has given lectures on environmental laws and compliance.
Mr. Malaya was admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2012. He is a member of the Quezon City Chapter of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines.