Ms. Cochico has been involved in the establishment of joint venture companies and business process outsourcing companies in the Philippines for Asian, North American and European clients, and has assisted companies in their applications with the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA). She has participated in the sale or acquisition of shares of stock or assets of various companies in the aviation, electronic, energy, garment, mining, manufacturing and pharmaceutical industries. She has likewise been involved in various projects involving insurance companies, mining companies, construction, real estate, and stock option plans. She has acted, and continues to act, as Corporate Secretary and/or Director of various domestic corporations, including companies engaged in landholding, manufacturing, power generation, securities, business process outsourcing and freight forwarding.
Among her significant transactions are:
- Various projects involving the acquisition of shares of stock or assets, including the purchase of a tobacco supply business based in Europe that has operations in the Philippines; assisting a petroleum company in connection with the proposed sale of its LPG business; and the acquisition of shares in one of the budget airlines operating in the Philippines;
- Various joint venture projects involving foreign investors and Philippine joint venture partners, including the establishment of several joint venture companies for Asian and European clients;
- Preparation of various profiles of Philippine environmental laws and regulations for a leading multinational company; and
- Various projects involving construction and real estate contracts, including:
- Assistance in the preparation of a construction agreement between a Chinese construction company and the local project owner;
- Legal advice and assistance in the purchase of various condominium units by various foreign clients;
- Preparation and/or review of Contracts of Lease/renewals of lease contracts between locators and developers in economic zones;
- Legal advice in connection with the Tripartite Agreement (Assignment of Leasehold Rights) of a locator in an economic zone;
- Legal assistance in connection with issues arising from lease contracts of private parties;
- Advice and assistance and legal due diligence in connection with the sale of land, registration of transfers of real property with the Bureau of Internal Revenue, Register of Deeds etc., annotations on land titles; verifications with the Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board and other government agencies;
- Legal advice in connection with a development project undertaken by a Korean construction company in the Subic Bay Freeport Zone, verifications with the Philippine Contractors Accreditation Board and other government agencies;
- Legal due diligence and advice in connection with the proposed development of a resort in Cebu; and
- Legal due diligence and advice in connection with reviewing the bidding documents and preparing the contracts and other proposed agreements for the implementation of a project involving a subdivisionMs. Cochico has co-authored the Philippine chapters for the publication of “International Liability of Corporate Directors”, published by the Center for International Legal Studies and Chartis-Asia D & O Publication.
Ms. Cochico is a member of the Legal Management Council of the Philippines where she has held various positions since 2005
She was admitted to the Philippine Bar in 1990 and is a member of the Makati City Chapter of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines and the University of the Philippines Women Lawyers’ Circle.