Mr. Cruz specializes in litigation, dispute resolution, and appellate practice. He has considerable trial experience before courts and arbitral tribunals. He has handled criminal cases involving anti-corruption laws, civil cases on family and property laws, and construction arbitration matters.
Mr. Cruz was involved in the following:
- Prosecution of former officers and employees of large banks for fraud and violations of banking laws;
- Prosecution and defense of clients before administrative bodies and courts involving corruption and violations of procurement laws;
- Defended clients in a real property dispute arising from an elaborate land grabbing scheme;
- Prosecuted a criminal case for robbery with homicide committed in the client’s property;
- Assisted a client in an annulment case and established visitation rights; and
- Acted as counsel for a contractor in an arbitration case before the Construction Industry Arbitration Commission.
Mr. Cruz graduated among the top ten students of his graduating class. He was admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2017 and is a member of the Manila IV Chapter of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines.