Ms. Montecalvo-Quilatan specializes in litigation, corporate law, taxation, contracts, eminent domain, foreclosures, land-related disputes, government procurement, estate settlement, criminal law, and family law. She has assisted clients on complex issues and transactions involving real estate, corporate compliance, mergers and acquisitions, franchises, agricultural production and marketing agreements.
Among her significant cases and transactions are:
- assisted in the acquisition of land by the Philippines’ “seat of technological educational excellence” for its first school campus in Davao City;
- assisted in quieting of title cases in Iligan City;
- handled the defense of an intestate estate against a claim prohibited under Art. 992 of the Civil Code of the Philippines;
- handled the defense of an insurance company against a claim instituted beyond the allowable period under the insurance policy; and
- represented a corporate creditor in causing the revocation of its debtor’s rehabilitation plan and the termination of its corporate rehabilitation case
Ms. Montecalvo-Quilatan was a recommended lawyer for Law Firms in Davao in the Asia Pacific Legal 500 for 2020.
She is also a licensed Certified Public Accountant, having passed the CPA Licensure Examinations in 1996.
Ms. Montecalvo-Quilatan is one of the Firm’s representatives to the Davao City Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc. and the Mindanao Chapter of the American Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines, Inc. She is an accredited mentor on business law of the Kapatid Mentor MicroEnterprises Program of the Philippine Center for Entrepreneurship-Go Negosyo and the Department of Trade and Industry.
She is also a regular contributor to BusinessWorld’s column, Amicus Curiae.
She graduated among the top five students of her graduating class and was admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2004. Ms. Montecalvo-Quilatan is a member of the Davao City Chapter of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines and the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants.