Mr. Samson has extensive experience and expertise in litigation and dispute resolution having assisted clients, both local and foreign, involving a variety of matters. Mr. Samson has also handled cases and issues involving intellectual property rights protection and enforcement or IP-litigation matters before the regular courts and the Intellectual Property Office as well as tax-litigation matters before the Court of Tax Appeals. Mr. Samson also engages in appellate practice preparing petitions, comments, briefs, and memoranda, as well as appearing before the Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court.
Among his notable cases are:
- the protection of the largest power distribution utility company in the country against the perpetrators of massive or large-scale fraudulent money claims resulting in their criminal prosecution;
- rendering assistance to clients in strategic disengagement from their joint-venture agreements resulting in huge financial benefit to the clients without having to resort to protracted court actions; the foreclosure of real estate mortgages for one of the largest universal banks to recover a multi-billion peso indebtedness;
- representation of a major bank in the foreclosure of a mortgage security to recover on the loan of a major sugar milling company that was placed under liquidation by the Securities and Exchange Commission;
- rendering assistance to a client in the corporate takeover and control of a major oil business;
- representation of one of the world’s leading software company in a suit for infringement and/or unfair competition with prayer for an injunctive writ; and,
- the landmark case of Province of North Cotabato, et al. v. Government of the Republic of the Philippines, et al. which led to the preservation of the territorial integrity and sovereign rights of the Republic.
In 2018, Asialaw Profiles and The Legal 500 Asia Pacific cited Mr. Samson as a “Leading Lawyer” in the practice area of Dispute Resolution.
Mr. Samson is an accredited member of the Philippine Dispute Resolution Center, Inc. (PDRCI) and considered as a PDRCI Trained Arbitrator. Mr. Samson is also an Associate member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb), having passed the course provided by the CIArb Singapore Branch.
Mr. Samson was admitted to the Philippine Bar in 1981 and is a member of the Rizal-San Juan-Mandaluyong Chapter of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines.