“Mr. Consulta specializes in civil and criminal litigation, intra-corporate dispute, labor and employment, and administrative and energy laws. He serves as a consultant of the Cebu Chamber of Commerce regarding power and energy issues.
Among his significant cases are:
- He represents a high-performing contact center and Business Process Outsourcing company, which provides world-class, omnichannel service and support to a select group of Fortune 1000 companies and their customers, in filing cybercrime and fraud cases involving a collective amount of more than Php50 Million against its former employees before the regular courts, Office of the City Prosecutor, and Philippine National Police – Regional Anti-Cybercrime Unit;
- He represents a mining company in resisting complainants’ prayer for the issuance of a temporary environmental protection order and their claim for damages in the amount of Php4.8 Billion;
- He represents the two largest property developers in the Philippines in opposing a claim to declare the sale of a prime property located at Cebu City, Philippines, with value of Php10.9 Billion, null and void;
- He represents a mining company in opposing contested provisions in the proposed amendments to the Revenue Code of the Province of Cebu, Philippines, which may expose the company to additional taxes and fees;
- He advises a cement manufacturing company, a subsidiary of and wholly owned by Japan’s biggest cement manufacturer, in its procurement of 24 MW electric energy for its manufacturing plant located in San Fernando, Cebu, Philippines;
- He currently advises a university in its torts and damages case pending before Michigan, USA; and
- He assists client in defending a Php110 Million insurance claim under an Erection All Risk Policy and Fire Insurance Policy.
He was recognized as one of the finalists in the Asian Legal Business – Philippine Law Awards 2021 – Young Lawyer of the Year Category.
He is a professor at the University of San Carlos School of Law, where he teaches courses in Labor Standards and Labor Relations. He is also an adjunct professor at the Silliman University College of Law where he teaches Provisional Remedies.
Mr. Consulta graduated second in his graduating class with an academic distinction of cum laude. He was admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2012 and is a member of the Cebu City Chapter of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines.”