Mr. Bautista specializes in corporate law and advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, banking, financial technology, real estate and foreign investments. He has assisted foreign corporations in the formation of their branches and local subsidiaries, as well as the establishment of business process outsourcing, manufacturing, financing, banking and holding companies in the Philippines.
He has handled a number of significant transactions where he:
- assisted in the establishment of branches of foreign banks in the Philippines;
- advised several fintech companies relating to their operations in the Philippines;
- assisted in the sale of large manufacturing facilities in the Philippines and businesses engaged in food, glass and plastic production;
- assisted in the formation of business process outsourcing entities and in obtaining registration for the availment of available fiscal incentives;
- advised and assisted a foreign insurance company in establishing a local life insurance company;
- participated in public biddings for the operation of public utilities and the acquisition of government properties;
- assisted a foreign participant in the bidding for the purchase of ships for the Department of National Defense;
- advised and assisted in the establishment and operation of finance companies;
- assisted multinational insurance companies in reviewing and localizing their insurance policies;
- assisted various banks and financial institutions in the sale of their non-performing assets and the preparation of security arrangements for their loans; and
- participated in the conduct of due diligence examination of target properties and entities in preparation for acquisition;
- advised and assisted individual clients in connection with settlement of estates of deceased.
Mr. Bautista currently acts as director and/or corporate secretary for a host of Philippine companies.
Mr. Bautista was a lecturer at the Mapua Institute of Technology – E.T. Yuchengco School of Business, where he taught courses on Obligations and Contracts and the Law on Business Organizations.
Mr. Bautista co-authored the Philippine chapters of:
- “Doyle’s Practical Guide to Business Law in Emerging Countries in Asia” , published by Carolina Academic Press in 2010 and revised in 2016; and,
- International Joint Ventures” published by the Center for International Legal Studies in 2012.
He was rated as a highly regarded lawyer by IFLR1000 in 2022. He was likewise a recommended lawyer for the practice area of Corporate and M&A by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific for 2020 and 2021.
Mr. Bautista was admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2002 and is a member of the Bulacan Chapter of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines and the Philippine Bar Association.