Mr. Salvanera specializes in labor law litigation, illegal dismissal, unfair labor practice, labor audits, strikes, union organization and representation issues, the labor aspect of mergers and acquisitions, and the planning and implementation of manpower reduction programs. He has also handled cases involving data privacy and data protection in the workplace and has rendered opinions on the matter for several clients. He has argued before the labor courts and all appellate courts including the Court of Appeals. He is extensively involved in the conduct of legal audit on the practices and contracting arrangements of companies. He is a part of a team in the firm that institutionalized the conduct of legal audit.
Among his significant cases/projects are:
- the merger of two pharmaceutical companies and the consolidation of their operations and employees; and
- the implementation of manpower reduction programs in several multinational and local companies.
Mr. Salvanera has co-authored several articles on labor, including the Philippine chapters of:
- “International Guide on Labor and Employment” (2010), published by Littler Mendelson, LLP;
- “International Law Guide on Restrictive Covenants & Trade Secrets in Employment” (2010), published by the American Bar Association; and,
- “Doing Business” (various years), published by the World Bank.
He is also a contributor to the Asian Mena Magazine, Business World, and Asia Business Law Journal.
He speaks on a variety of topics from data privacy, employee discipline, labor relations, and outsourcing. Among her significant speaking engagements are:
- Contractualization: Concept and Updates, National HR Summit, 24 April 2018, SMX Convention Centre Manila;
- Labor-Related Issues When Investing in the Philippines, 2018 In-House Congress, 19 September 2018, Marina Mandarin, Singapore;
- Data Privacy: What Employers Should Know, ALB Summit, April 2017, Marina Mandarin Singapore
- Ending the Endo, 13th Philippine Semiconductor and Electronics Convention and Exhibition (PSECE), 15 June 2016, SMX Convention Centre Manila
In 2010, Mr. Salvanera was recognized by Key Media as one of the experts in the field of labor and employment in the region.
Mr. Salvanera was identified in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021 Editorial as a recommended lawyer in the practice area of Labor and Employment.
Mr. Salvanera is a professional lecturer at the De La Salle University, where he teaches courses in Labor Standards, Labor Relations, International Labor Law, and Sales, Agency & Bailments.
Mr. Salvanera ranked third among the students of his graduating law class and was admitted to the Philippine Bar in May 1999. He is a member of the Pi Gamma Mu International Honor Society and the Cagayan Chapter of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines.